Saturday, August 23, 2008

Words:

Speak.

Did you ever get that feeling while you were talking to somethat that you were saying too much? That the things which were falling from your lips were inappropriate but only in the sense that the person you were sharing them with didnt actually need to know what you were telling them? I find myself more and more wanting to say less; but I invariably end up feeling like I've said too much.

I remember feeling this way before. I remember spilling my guts to a friend or something when I was in High School. You know, the times when your thoughts of individuality and emotion run rampant and your sense of invincibility borders on dangerous levels. I recall feeling so good about letting go of whatever it was I was talking about and really elaborating on certain basic thoughts and feeling kind of smart in the process. But after the fact feeling a bit stupid for having revealed so much to someone who most likely didn't care, and as well as sevem digits away from sharing my thoughts to a vast network of gossip hungry teens not too dissimilar from me at the time. They in turn would go on to share too much information with another friend and so on and so forth. Thereby confirming mt after-the-fact fears of revealing too much in the first place. Shit.

So much of what we say gets misconstrued and misinterpreted on a daily basis. I guess thats one of the prices you pay for being blessed with consciousness. Someone somewhere will have a problem with anything you do. So it doesn't even make sense to try and make any sense of it.

<3

No comments: