Monday, August 25, 2008

In Memory:

Today I was walking through the restaurant,
and this song came on.


its funny the things, or people a song can bring back to your memory.
i remember when this song came out
and my mom first heard it. and she was like in tears,
because my grandfather was killed over 20 years ago
and the lyric
"like my father's come to pass, twenty years has gone so fast"
i guess brought him to mind for her.

so every time i hear it,
i think of that exact day, and the look on her face.
i can't imagine what it would feel like to loose someone that important to you.

In memory of Grandpa Hatfield.
I never got the chance to meet you,
but i wish i did.

<3
S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The track and lyrics of this song really awesome. Plus the raw emotion shown in the video is bound to bring contemplation in the eyes of those that have been through some what the same situation.
And man, it's green day, I mean GREEN DAY! =D
Cool blog btw.